Labor coordinators and others tasked with crewing events in this industry have been bogged down with manual processes and excel spreadsheets for years. These event professionals seek to fill open positions with the highest quality crew members, but a lack of automation makes their tasks time-consuming and communication with the crew, both cumbersome and fragmented.
Without solid and actionable data on crew availability as well as performance, it is difficult to schedule and manage an on-demand and mobile labor workforce. Additionally, without quality analytics to be able to assess true labor costs, it becomes an ongoing challenge to accurately forecast for each event. LASSO provides companies with event workforce management software that makes life much easier for those crewing for events and enables them to make more strategic scheduling and management decisions.
5 Current Event Crewing Challenges
What does a day in the life of a labor coordinator look like?
- They are drowning in Excel spreadsheets and manual processes in order to determine availability, schedule, and then manage the crew for each event.
- Much of the day is spent sending and responding to multiple phone calls, texts, and emails in order to determine availability, confirm crew and communicate ever-changing event details.
- In an effort to conserve time and energy and ensure quality crew members are scheduled, labor coordinators typically go through the top of their crewing list to find people they trust. They could be missing out on more qualified and less costly candidates.
- Communicating event changes – and getting confirmation that these updates have been received – is extremely difficult and crew members can get frustrated by this fragmented communication process.
- Manually tracking the actual hours crew worked and dealing with labor-intensive payroll processes is incredibly burdensome.
Manually having to contact prospective crew, obtain availability, lock in a schedule, and pass along information requires a large chunk of time each day. This also doesn’t take into account having to repeat the process for every member of the crew, or sending out updated event details or schedules to each person if there is a change. Labor coordinators need a solution that enhances productivity and efficiency so they can focus on keeping their team happy.
LASSO Improves the Crewing Process from Start to Finish
Event workforce management software from LASSO makes a labor coordinator’s job easier by taking the complexity out of their daily routine. LASSO does the heavy lifting and gives coordinators the tools they need to support production managers in delivering a flawless event.
As a platform built specifically for the events industry, LASSO gives coordinators a system that understands their unique situation and needs. Automation makes scheduling quality crew easy, and tracking time on-site is more streamlined than ever before, leading to more accurate data for payroll and labor forecasting purposes.
In terms of communication, LASSO gives Event Service companies the power to instantly update all crew through a mobile app and push notifications. Rather than calling or texting each person individually, companies can now send a quick mobile notification that is delivered to the required people at the required time. This keeps your crew productive and happy by ensuring you always have the best people, and giving them the resources they need to put on the best event.
Learn more about how LASSO helps labor coordinators improve their crewing processes by contacting LASSO today.