At LASSO, we’re looking for an individual who will own and drive all aspects of the accounting and financial operations. The Controller has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing, and running of all the finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, and forecasting. In this position there are ample opportunities to expand our financial infrastructure and systems, conduct special projects, and lead our financial reporting.
What you’ll do:
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Responsible for the entire accounting function including oversight of revenue recognition, month end close, and financial reporting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, balance sheet, forecast vs. budget, and monthly cash flow.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Participate in calls as needed with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
- Develop and manage financial KPIs
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Process company payrolls (weekly for hourly employees and semi-monthly for salary employees)
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors
- Prepare and communicate of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Own the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, overhead cost allocation, and commission payments.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Oversee cash management and AP
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- Strong experience in SaaS accounting (5+ years)
- Exceptionally knowledgeable in US GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
- Hands on, go getter who is always looking for a better way
- Detail oriented and able to manage a complex process
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
LASSO is a mobile enterprise application that enables companies in the Event & Entertainment industry to find, schedule and manage their complex and mobile workforce. There are undeniably few solutions on the market that are specifically geared towards Event & Entertainment companies. That’s exactly why we designed LASSO, the first solution for this thriving industry engineered to address the shifting players, fragmented responsibilities and complex labor processes surrounding an event. Here is a quick overview video describing what we do here at LASSO so you can see exactly why we love it so much! https://youtu.be/9oiWkFtHZXM