Do you have a passion for developing groundbreaking mobile and web applications? Are you a self-starter that excels in small, agile team environments? Do you care about quality and the end-user experience? Do you like to iterate and validate your work by delivering value rapidly? Are you ready to learn and grow your career?
LASSO is growing our product development team and has positions available in our Charleston, SC office. Our strength is in our relationships among the team and our friendly work environment. If you enjoy working in a fast-growing company where your contributions make a significant difference in the lives of both our customers and their contingent, mobile crew, then this position is for you.
LASSO was named one of the nation’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in 2019! This is an award that honors organizations that excel at employee relations, use innovation to motivate employees, implement creative compensation programs, and more.
Our team is transforming the live event and entertainment industry through the industry’s first and most powerful workforce management software and crew marketplace. Our clients are industry-leading event and entertainment companies that produce some of the best events in the world (events like the Oscars, Coachella, the Superbowl, Dreamforce, and so much more).
LASSO is currently developing the LASSO Marketplace. The LASSO Marketplace is a curated, compliant, and cost-effective database of crew that companies can tap into in order to expand their talent pool when they need it, where they need it. What’s even better? Companies will have access to this marketplace, right from the very system they use to organize, communicate with, schedule, and track their people and processes.
As a Full Stack Developer, you are a key player in helping LASSO reach its goals while you develop an impressive track record for working in a growing, high-performing company. You will report directly to the CTO and will have exposure and input into product strategy and technology decisions.
Your short-term objectives include:
- Learn the technology stack (Python, Vue, MySQL, SOA, AWS), the product life cycle, and the live event and entertainment industry within 30 days.
- Work with other engineers to evaluate and refine key components for the LASSO Marketplace to help the organization scale over the next 90 days.
- Drive adoption of the LASSO Marketplace in 2021.
- Mentor other team members and perform code reviews for the team.
Your long-term objectives include:
- Evaluate and improve the performance and scalability of key components of the application.
- Research and provide analysis on new technologies to implement new features, improve existing features, and create new products on our roadmap.
- Own key areas of the product and lead others in the development.
- Improve software development practices and coding standards.
Your qualifications include:
- Degree in computer science or comparable work experience in software development.
- Strong application design/architecture experience.
- Knowledge of SQL, web services, and object-oriented development concepts.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, results-oriented team player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of several key product architecture elements; able to apply these elements in implementing product functionality.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts to build superior software products.
- Recognized as a role model for mid-sized teams.
Come join us and apply now! Please send your resume to Michael Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LASSO is a mobile enterprise application that enables companies in the Event Service industry to find, schedule, and manage their complex and mobile workforce. There are undeniably few solutions on the market that are specifically geared towards Event Service companies. That’s exactly why we designed LASSO, the first solution for this thriving industry engineered to address the shifting players, fragmented responsibilities, and complex labor processes surrounding an event. Here is a quick overview video describing what we do here at LASSO so you can see exactly why we love it so much!