Come work at LASSO! Awarded one of the Best and Brightest Companies To Work For In The Nation Winner 2018, 2019 and 2020. Working for LASSO’s Crew Marketplace means that you are joining one of the best companies to work for. LASSO was awarded this honor due to our excellence in employee communication and our focus on work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention, and much more.
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to help with our explosive growth. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all time worked is audited timely and accurately so that payroll can be processed. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, LASSO is a great opportunity with a dynamic team with excellent potential for growth.
Responsibilities for Payroll Specialist
- Maintaining payroll information by collating, calculating, and entering data
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies such as missed punches, and overtime according to state labor laws.
- Provide support for office operations and general client service needs as directed
- Liaise with the HR department and Finance department to streamline onboarding documents such as I9 information
- Maintain payroll operations according to company policies and procedures.
Qualifications for Payroll Specialist
- This position requires analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for numbers, multi tasking and quality client service skills.
- Proven experience working as a payroll specialist in a fast-paced organization
- Highly proficient in computer skills and technology
- The ideal candidate is a “self-starter” with initiative and a pro-active approach to tasks, responsibilities and working with colleagues, the ability and willingness to learn new skills and tasks.
- Discretion in handling company and client information is required, along with professional ethics, and conduct.
- Basic office skills and abilities, knowledge of standard office equipment and software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary applications as required
- Knowledge of event and entertainment industry requirements for payroll preferred, not required
- Good organizational and time-management skills, flexibility, and the ability to work well under pressure.