LASSO’s Engineering Team is a creative crowd of critical thinkers and problem solvers. We work well together while also honoring each member’s individual talents and time. Sprint after sprint we strive to attend to the direct needs of our customers and our software, while also working to improve our code and its performance. Our team members’ non-work interests range from cooking to cosplay, woodworking to watchmaking, and so many areas in between.
To succeed as a member of LASSO’s Engineering Team, you must care about the work and be open to both learning and making mistakes. LASSO hires individuals who are willing to grow and interested in contributing meaningful work to support the team and the company. Members of the Engineering Team succeed together through mutual support of one another in both the workplace and in life. As a software engineer at LASSO, you’ll have access to decades of experience and one-on-one time with all members of the team.
The Tech Stack
The Skill Set
- 2+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language: Python, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, Java, etc.
- 1+ years of experience using some form of web framework: Django, Symphony, Rails, etc.
- 1+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing dependable code
- You care about making sure your code is maintainable and well tested
- You enjoy an agile development environment
- You are a results-driven self-starter with great communication and collaboration skills
- You are a team player
- You have a passion to learn and to teach and mentor others
- You have knowledge of microservices and/or Service Oriented Architecture
- You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks: React, Backbone/Marionette, etc.
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
LASSO was founded in Nashville, Tennessee in 2014 to help companies manage their entire labor workflow – from electronic on-boarding and document management, to scheduling, communication, time-tracking, forecasting, payroll and more. The LASSO platform and mobile app were created to tackle the unique challenges faced by companies when managing their on-demand and on-the-go workforce.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.